Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Dear CoWorker

First of all, let me start by saying how pleased I am that you are finally beginning to take an interest in maintaining a clean work area, because frankly, I was getting tired of coming in every morning and having to do a cleanup before I can begin working.  So, let's keep this up, shall we?

Now, about all that brazing rod you are claiming I am leaving laying around...Shortly after you got moved to our line, I brought the group leader, the shift supervisor, and the production superintendent over to show them the rod that was being left in the trays and on the table that is now behind us.  I also showed them a large amount of rod that had been thrown in the garbage. 

I confirmed with the production superintendent this morning that he did indeed remember this.  "I absolutely do remember it" were his exact words.

That morning, the group leader also made a note on the chart about the bits of rod not being used up.  In case you were unaware, those charts, and the comments left on them, are entered into the computer in the Quality office at the end of each day.  The relevant chart can easily be retrieved to prove that what I am saying is correct. 

I'm not quite sure why you are suddenly trying to imply that I am the one leaving all the pieces of brazing rod in the trays, but you aren't fooling anyone.  We all know where that rod is coming from.

It is the same with the scrap copper.  You can jump up and down and hoot and holler all you want, but everyone knows who is leaving that copper there.

Now, I don't know who you are trying to impress-- or intimidate-- by leaving all these notes, but it's not going to work.  I'm not impressed, and I will not be intimidated.

So, here is my proposed solution to your problem:

Just do your job.

Yep.  Just do your job, and I'll just do mine.  You tend your business, and I will tend mine.  You make sure you are doing what is right, and I will do the same.  You stop leaving all these childish little notes, and I won't take this matter to the front office, and we'll all just try to get along, OK?

Thank you.


That is all.

No comments: