Seems Rylea ate something she shouldn't have and had the scoots. Every two hours, she was needing to go out. Unfortunately, one of those times, I didn't quite make it out of bed, and woke up to doggie diarrhea in the living room.
But that wasn't the worst. She somehow managed to knock over and poop on my A Christmas Carol, illustrated by Greg Hildebrandt. I'd bought that book for my dad way back when I was in college. It was a keepsake. I was so upset.
And it was then that I discovered that I was out of paper towels. Cleaning up doggie doo with paper napkins just doesn't cut it. No problem. I'd just grab my rug stick.
It was then that I discovered that I was out of carpet cleaner. Sigh...such is my life.
Let's move on to a more pleasant topic, shall we? My weekly WIP update.
1. Bubble Wrap sock: Completed!
2. Conwy sock: No progress this week
3. Traveling Roses Scarf: No progress this week.
4. Arwen Wrap: Yes, I picked this one back up. I managed to wash most of the gakked up hairball remnants out. It came out pretty easily, so I'm sure the rest will come out in the final wash. The pattern got the worst of it, and it wasn't any problem to print out a new one. I've knit a couple of rows, but not enough that you can tell from a photo.
5. Garter Rib Scarf: I knit a couple of rows, but not so much you can tell any difference.
6. The 2010 Anniversary Mystery Shawl. No progress this week.
7. 2011 Anniversary Mystery Shawl. No progress this week...
8. A Sock: Ditto
9. Fruit Of The Vine scarf: Ditto.
10. Orkney Pi Shawl: In Knitpicks Shimmer in Spice. I actually paid for this pattern, so I'd better get this one done!
11. Another Charity Scarf: This is yarn Kristen sent to me. The only name on the label is Dardo.
These next three are really more ongoing projects, so they don't really count as WIPs, but I'm showing you them anyway.
12. Leper bandage: no progress this week
13 & 14. The two sock yarn blankies. I knit 4 squares on my sister's version of the blankie. I'll get a new photo up soon.