Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chilly Saturday

It was sunny, but cold all day today. The North wind was blowing so hard, I could hardly get the door open to let the dogs in and out.

And in and out

And in...

And out...

You will be happy to know that Jesse is off of his restrictions, and can finally run and play like a dog should.

What else did I do today? Well, I drank hot chocolate and knit, while watching videos via Netflix. And what did I knit? These:


Yes, I have finally finished the Bubble Wrap socks, nearly two years after I cast them on.  Now, I wasn't knitting on them for the entire two years.  For about 23 months of those two years, they languished in Second Sock Syndrome.  But no more.  They are done.  And they are huge.  I don't know why they turned out so big.  I was nervous for a minute that I would run out of yarn, but I didn't.  I finished with just about 10 yards left.  Not even enough for a blankie square.

Now, this, my friends, is nectar of the gods. 


It is chocolate pudding dump cake, and is really easy to make.  Just take a cake mix-  chocolate, of course-- a box of pudding mix -- chocolate, of course-- and 1 1/2 cups of milk.  White, not chocolate.  Mix the milk and the pudding together, then mix in the cake mix.  Spread it out in a greased and floured cake pan, sprinkle chocolate chips on the top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

That's it.  Really.  The batter is going to be thick, and it tends to be a bit gooey in the middle, but it tastes delicious.

So good, in fact, that I think I'll go have another piece.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Congrats of finishing the socks - look great! The cake looks yummy too and easy. You should post it to Pinterest.

Becky G said...

It's there, Lou, on my board "Recipes--Desserts"

Patti said...

Oh holy cow shame on you for the cake recipe: now I will have to go "test" it out too :) But why could not one use chocolate milk too? I'll bet one could even experiment and add nuts, coconut, cream cheese, and other goodies to it too eh? ;)

I like the "big" socks FWIW, esp. the color and the texture-look to them soyagotthatgoinferya