Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday

This song has been stuck in my head for the last three days, so I'm sharing it with you.  Now, it can be stuck in your head.  You're welcome. 




Today is Washington's Birthday. Well, not really. His birthday is really the 22, but federal employees want a long weekend, so they observe it today. It's commonly known as President's Day, but the official name of the holiday is still Washington's Birthday.

So, the mail didn't run today. I knew there would be no mail delivery. I spent all day telling myself that there would be no mail, and not to walk out to the mailbox. I get home from work, park my car...

and walk out to the mailbox.

Sigh...

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed I had to go to the south end of town for something. I rode my bicycle down there, and was on the way back. It was dark, and I took a wrong turn. I should have turned left, but I turned right. Next thing I knew, the sun was up and I was riding down some back roads, through the woods, and I had no idea where I was. I finally found one of those highway markers, and discovered that I was in North Carolina.

I never did figure out how to get back to Mississippi.

Now, since "President's Day" is when we honor both Washington and Lincoln, here is your Holiday trivia question? What did they both have in common, besides being presidents and born in February?

The answer will be in tomorrow's post.

No comments: