Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dreams and Dafodills

Well, last night I dreamed I was being admitted to the hospital. I had to have surgery to repair torn ligaments in both knees and my left hip. Must have been that bike trip to North Carolina...

Back in the day, when I was on second shift, I used to have flower beds. I stopped fooling with them after I got moved to day shift. When I got home, I was just too tired and it was too hot, so I let them go.

I never really missed them-- until this year. I've kinda been wanting to fix up some flower beds again. Nothing too fancy. Just a box with some annuals in it. The hard part will be keeping the dogs out of it, and finding a place to put it.

Now, the answer to yesterday's trivia question: what did George Washington and Abraham Lincoln have in common (besides being presidents born in February)? The answer is: Lincoln was the president who ended slavery in this country. Everyone knows that, don't they? But Washington was the first president to call for an end to slavery in this country. That's something they won't teach you in government indoctrination centers...uh, I mean public schools.

Finally, if you haven't been watching Downton Abbey, this is what you've been missing:

No comments: