Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Is Your Freezer

This is your freezer.


This is your freezer on drugs.


Well, OK, maybe not drugs, but definitely on something. Yes, that is my order of snake food crammed into my itty bitty freezer. Believe it or not, there is actually some people food in there somewhere.  My weekend project will probably be to vacuum seal most of the rodents so that they'll last a couple of years in there.  See, it costs nearly $45 to ship the stuff, so I try to get at least two years worth of food at a time when I order.

But why don't I just buy them at a local pet store, you ask?  Because even with that outrageous shipping charge (hey, it costs a lot to keep the meat frozen en route), it's still cheaper in the long run to buy in bulk.

One of these days, I'm going to clean out a space in my utility room and get a small deep freeze for this kind of thing.

One of these days...

Abrupt change of subject.  Jesse needs his toenails trimmed.  I'm not sure how he'll react to that, so I've been kind of hesitant to do it.  Plus, he has black nails so I can't tell where the quick is.  I'd hate to hurt him, especially now that he's just becoming de-traumatized.  Rylea bites her nails, so I don't have to worry about hers.  

All right then, here we have the Sugar Maple shawl freed from its bonds.


I wore it Sunday with the dress I sewed. I'd intended to take a picture, but never quite got around to it. Um, sorry about that.

And I got one more soldier hat finished. 


This is Knit Picks Swish Tonals in Kindling.  Or something like that.  That reminds me.  I keep thinking that there is something I need to order from them, but I can't remember what it is.  Hmmm, I think I'm going to get off of here and go browse their catalog.  Maybe that'll jog my memory. 

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

Snake food! That just doesn't sound right - vacuum sealing rodents.