Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday, Monday

In response to the myriad unasked questions that I'm sure everyone was thinking after yesterday's post, yes someone really did come to church like that. No, it was not me, nor will it ever be. I hope. Now if I go senile and so some crazy things, maybe, but not while I'm ever in my right mind.

My excitement for today was fixing my toilet.  The sticky up thing in the tank was not working right, so that the water wouldn't shut off once the tank was filled.  I went and got another one, along with some chocolate chips, since I've had a request for cookies, and replaced it.  The hardest part was getting the old one out.  Whoever originally installed it didn't seem to understand the concept of "Do Not Overtighten".

Once I got the lock nut loosened, the rest was easy.  Now, I no longer have to shut the water off between flushings.  I know you're thrilled. 



In football news, Marion Barber has landed with the Chicago Bears.  That's a relief.  I can at least stand to watch them.  You have no idea how hard it was last year for me to watch the Steelers just so I could see Flozell.  They've cut him, by the way.  Anyway, Marion will be joining Roy Williams and Sam Hurd in Chicago, while Marc Colombo has signed with the Dolphins.  I haven't heard where Leonard Davis has ended up, if anywhere.  I'm sure someone will let me know.




Less than a month to go!  I'd better hurry up and get my cable hooked up!

No comments: