Sunday, August 28, 2011

It Was On A Sunday

First of all, let me start off by saying that there has been entirely too much mowing going on this weekend.  Cody mowed the yard, and they cut the big pasture behind the house.  Being that I'm severely allergic to grass...yeah, you can imagine.

It got so bad for a while that I couldn't even breathe.  I was sucking air into my lungs, but it didn't feel like any oxygen was getting to my brain.  Even during church, we stood up to sing a hymn, and I got so light headed that I had to sit back down.  I felt like I was on the verge of fainting.

I came home, ate something, and laid down for a while.  Even though I didn't sleep, I felt much better when I got up.

But enough of that...

Yesterday morning, it was cool enough to walk the dogs.  When I got back home, I found a small box on my front step.  Inside were these.


I've known my friend Amy all my life.  Literally.  We were babies together in the church nursery.  She makes these, and just out of the blue, sent me a set of four.


The were a fantastic little pick-me-up after the week I'd had.

In spite of everything, did get something accomplished this week.  I finished another soldier hat.


And I started on my sister's Christmas gift. 


Can you guess what it is?

.

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

You and your Cowboys tickle me. I like the soldier's hats.