Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sunday Sundries

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged!  I'd intended to blog Friday, but then the internet went out for -- well, I don't know how long it was out.  Once it became clear that it wasn't going to be back in just a minute or two, I shut everything down and went to bed and read a bit.  I never did check to see if it had come back up.

The other reason I haven't blogged is because absolutely nothing has happened in so long that I just can't think of anything to say.  It's too blasted hot to do anything.  And I need new glasses.  I thought we were fixing to quit working Fridays, but we've worked the last two in a row.  Which is good, but I sure would like the time off.  I kind of got used to it over the last few years.

Speaking of Fridays, the high school's first home game is August 19th.  This is Cody's last year in the band...it's his last year in high school.  How did that happen?

Yeah, I'm totally rambling now, so let me give you a knitting update.

I finally started on a shawlette to wear with my dress I sewed. 


This is the Wendy's Summer Mystery Shawlette. It's kinda the one I wanted to do all along, but I was afraid the bright colors would obscure the shawl's pattern. But I decided to go ahead with it anyway.

Traveling Roses is coming along, albeit slowly.  


I've set it aside to do my shawlette, but intent to pick it back up pretty soon.  And I cast on another soldier hat. 


This one is with the Knit Picks Swish Tonal in Kindling.

I finally took the plunge and jumped into the Smart Phone world.  I was eligible for an upgrade as of today, and so I ordered a LG Phoenix.  I'm sure I'll post about it when it gets here. 

But for now, I think I'm losing my readers.  Sheesh, this post is even boring to me.  So, I'm going to go listen to Jason Garrett's latest press conference and call it a night. 

Unless you want to hear all about how rank dog farts can be.  Which I'm sure you don't.  I'll spare you that. 

I know you're happy. 

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm always amazed at your knitting. I tried, but it is not my thang.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou.

Patti said...

See now, you haven't lost all your readers. I'm sure it's just we get busy with RL stuff; at least that's me