Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I Can Haz Yarnz!!!

But first...

Oh, Sue! I finished another one!


Yes, I've managed to resist the siren song of the Traveling Roses scarf just long enough to finish another hat. It really isn't pink. It's more of a purply...pink. Well, I'm sure there are some female soldiers out there who would appreciate a hat, too. And who knows, some men like pinks, too.

And now, on to the yarnz.

But first-- or should that be "But second"?-- a story... I'd ordered this yarn some 3 weeks ago.  I'd gotten the e-mail that they'd shipped the order on July 15th.  I kept watching for the box, but it never came.  I waited two weeks, and it still hadn't come.  I was getting just a bit peeved.

Now, I know when the mail comes and I'm not home, the mail carrier brings it to Beverly's house.  Well, I called them and asked if the box was there.  They hadn't seen it.   So I called Knit Picks customer service.  They looked up the tracking number and it showed the box had been delivered on July 19th.

I was bumfuzzled.  No one had seen the box, so the nice lady had said that they'd send a replacement order.  She was talking, and said something about a substitute mail carrier, and that gave me an idea.  If there had been a substitute mail carrier that day, they may not have known where to leave the package.  I mean, it's not like Beverly and James have four doors on their house or anything like that.  Oh, wait...

So I walked over and poked around a bit, and sure enough, there was the box.  Apparently it had sat there for two weeks.  The customer service lady and I were both very happy that the box was found safe and sound.

And what was in said box?  YARNZ!!  These are some of the new Swish Tonals.  From left to right, Thunderhead, another Thunderhead, Foliage, and Kindling. 


Most of these will be going for soldier hats, but I have a special thing in mind for one of the Thunderhead yarns.  I can't tell yet.  It's a secret.  I just have to get my rear in gear and get 'r done. 

Heh heh heh, don'tcha just hate that phrase?  One of these days, I'm going to dedicate a whole post to popular words and phrases that get on my nerves the worst. 

But for right now, I'm going to eat some ice cream.  Oh, and do some research. 

For my secret. 

No comments: