Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kindling Along

I know I've been absent from the blog for a couple of days.  I just haven't felt like writing.  The more I watched storm videos, the more I saw photos of the damage, the more heartbroken I became.  The death toll now stands at 300+.   I feel kind of guilty squeeing about my new Kindle when so many have lost so much.

So, I made my little donation to The Salvation Army, and get on with my life, though my heart remains heavy. 

This is going to be a bit of a catch up post, starting with my new sock yarn:


This is Cowboy Way, which I bought from an Etsy Shop.  Now, you may recall, I had previously bought some in worsted weight, and when I discovered she has more listed, I immediately snatched it up.  This time I got sock weight, as if I needed more sock yarn.  But hey, it doesn't count as stash!

No, really.  It doesn't.

She also included this sample of some of her other yarn.


It is super soft, and there's probably enough there to make a blankie square. It's hard to see the color in that photo, but it's a really pretty purply color. 

Rylea has been gimpy today.  I heard her yelp during the night, but naturally, she couldn't tell me what happened.  The best I can guess is she stepped wrong and wrenched her bum leg.  I think she'll be ok in a day or two, though.

Me, on the other hand, spent the day in a flurry of house cleaning, in the midst of which I dug out my lace weight yarns.  The new Anniversary Mystery KAL starts next week, and I wanted to pick out which yarn I want to use.

These are Alpaca Cloud in Iris Heather, Gloss Lace in Mango, Shadow in Hot Rod


Gloss Lace in Dandelion, Shadow in Papaya, Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool Heather, and Shimmer in Sunkissed.


I immediately ruled out the Tide Pool Heather, because it's the one I did the '09 KAL in.  After much deliberating with myself, I finally settled on the Iris Heather.


It's more purple than this, but I can't ever seem to take a color accurate photo of it.

The rest of the day, I spent playing with my new Kindle.


I even sprang for the leather cover, which adds a nice touch, and more importantly, adds a measure of protection to the device.


And it's got a nifty little book light that pulls right out of the cover. Cool, huh?


So far, I've only spent .99 on downloads. It was for an e-book that had the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and several other historical documents in it, so it was worth the money.

I went back to Amazon.com today to download a Bible, and somehow got sucked in to the "Customers who bought X also bought Y" vortex. Before I escaped, I'd downloaded 150+ books-- all of them free! They're all classics that have fallen into the public domain, but they are good books. Shakespeare, Edgar Alan Poe, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jane Austen and the like.

Plus, I'm really loving the cool screen savers the Kindle has.


Funny thing is, I grabbed the corner of the Kindle trying to turn the page!  But don't tell anyone I did that. 

Twice. 

Let's just let that be our little secret, OK?

Sigh...

No comments: