Saturday, April 09, 2011

Good News And Bad News

The insurance lady came by yesterday and looked at my roof.  She said that she didn't think it would cost that much to fix it.  It would probably actually be less than my deductible.  On his way to work later that day, James stopped and climbed up there himself.  After looking at it, he said that he didn't think the shingles were actually damaged.  The wind had just pulled the tacks out and rolled them back.  So, today, he and Cody got up there and straightened them out.


You can hardly even tell where they were peeled back.  Tomorrow after church, they are going to tack them back down, then spread some kind of sealer over the nail holes so that they don't leak.  So, it just will cost me the price of the nails and sealer.  That is a relief!

The second monkey sock is still creeping along.


I'm about halfway through the gusset decreases, but had to take a break because the Arwen Wrap was calling my name.



 This is after completing Chart A.  It's knit in DK weight, which after knitting with sock and lace weight feels a bit like knitting with rope!

I rented a movie from Netflix called Mississippi Masala.  Now, the movie itself wasn't that great.  At least I didn't think so, but the fun part is that the hotel it is filmed in was right here in Grenada.  OK, the movie was set in Greenwood, which is just up the road, but they filmed at least part of it here at the old Monte Christo.  The hotel was torn down several years ago, but it brought back some fond memories.  Well, not of the hotel, since I never actually went there, but of what Grenada used to look like.  It was fun seeing the Penny Pincher gas station in the background, and the fire station, and the empty space where the Kangaroo gas station is now. Vanessa and I were talking about it at work, and she was telling me how all the people in Grocery Basket gasped and stared when Denzel went in there to buy orange juice.  I was still overseas at the time, so I missed out on all that.  Such is life.

Now for the bad news.  Former Group Leader Rod's mama is in the hospital.  I don't know what is wrong with her, though, other than that she is just getting old.  I asked him this morning how she was doing, and he just said, "pray".  So, my fellow prayer warriors, I'm calling on you once again.  It's time to go into battle, this time on behalf of Rod's Mama.

I know I can count on you.

2 comments:

Sus said...

I'm so glad the damage was minimal!

Prayers for mama engaged.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Sus.

Mama is home now, but they still don't know what is wrong with her. Rod said that everything just hurts. He was trying to help her get her socks on and she was hollering from the pain. He didn't even bother with her shoes. I'll let you know if I find out anything different.