Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

I don't always participate in Ten on Tuesday, but this week's topic is one that is near and dear to my heart:  Fall.  I love Fall.  It is my favorite season of the year, and here are 10 reasons why:

1.  First and foremost, fall brings sweet, blessed relief from the brutal heat and humidity that summer in the deep South brings.  I love that first cool day, the first one I can get through without sweat pouring off of my body, and my clothes sticking to me.  Sweet, sweet relief...

2.  Opening the windows.  I love opening the windows and letting the crisp fall air clear the stale mustiness out of the house.  Fresh air, even if my allergist recommends against it. 

3. The colors of fall--the reds, yellows, browns.  The fall flowers, the leaves turning.  We won't get much of that this year, being as it's been so very dry.  Mostly, they'll just turn brown and fall off the trees. 


4.  Fall decorations--starting with Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and morphing on into Christmas.  I love seeing people's yards decorated with pumpkins, scarecrows, and hay bales.  Speaking of, I love seeing the round hay bales out in the fields, too. 



5.  Scuffling through piles of leaves.  Crunchy leaves are Nature's version of bubble wrap.  Next time you're in a funk, try it.  It works.

6.  Turning on the heater for the first time.  Now, if I had a fireplace, I'd probably have listed the first fire.  But since I don't, I have to settle for the heater.  There is just something comforting about having the heater running. 

7.  The first frost.  Especially when it happens on a day when I don't have to get up and go anywhere.


8.  Hot chocolate, hot tea, hot cider -- Yeah, you can drink these all year round, but they are just better in the fall.



9.  Flannel shirts, flannel pants, flannel sheets--flannel is just so warm and cozy and snuggly.

10.  Football. 

Dallas Cowboys Frelix Jones rushes against the Chicago Bears during the first half of their NFL game September 19, 2010 in Arlington, Texas.  UPI/Ian Halperin Photo via Newscom


Dallas Cowboys' wide receiver Miles Austin runs for a first down against the Washington Redskins 13-7 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland on September 12, 2010. UPI/Kevin Dietsch Photo via Newscom


Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is sacked by Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware as Cowboy Brady James closes in the first half of their NFL football game in Houston September 26, 2010.  REUTERS/Richard Carson  (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)


IRVING, TX - DECEMBER 20:  DeMarcus Ware #94 of the Dallas Cowboys lines up on the right side of the defense during their NFL game against the Baltimore Ravens at Texas Stadium on December 20, 2008 in Irving, Texas. The Ravens defeated the Cowboys 33-24. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Nuff said.

.

No comments: