Saturday, October 23, 2010

But First

a bit of catching up...I woke up Thursday and the alarm hadn't gone off.  Well, it went off, but the radio station was off the air, so it didn't make any noise.  I woke up late.  It was only a few minutes, but it was enough to throw my entire day off kilter.  Thus, I didn't post what I'd intended to post Thursday.  And here it is:

another fun fur charity scarf completed, and another fun fur charity scarf cast on:

Rylea decided to try on her Halloween costume.

Friday was a plant shutdown day, so I didn't have to go to work. I tried to sleep in, but the alarm dog wouldn't allow it. Yes, Rylea, I'm talking about you! Well, when I went to do my grocery shopping, I saw this:

I usually walk right past these things without giving them a second glance, because we all know my reputation with plants. Sigh...I love them, but can't seem to keep them alive. On impulse, I bought this one.   Wanna take bets on how quickly I can kill it? 

This morning I woke up way too early, after I'd stayed up way too late last night. I got so excited about the Rangers going to the World Series, that even after I went to bed, I couldn't get to sleep. I wish cats understood such things.

She's a persistent little bugger, she is. Especially when breakfast is involved.

No matter. The sky was absolutely gorgeous

and Rangers are still going to the World Series!

I spent today dog sitting the neighbor's dog.  They called me yesterday and asked me to keep an eye on him.  He'd gotten hit by a car yesterday, and they had to go out of town today.  They didn't want to leave him alone all day.   Shortly after they left, I went over and got him and just brought him to my house.

Poor sweet baby!  You can see how his back leg is all swollen up.  He had some open wounds, too, so I put some of the leftover medicine I had from when Rylea got hit on them.  I sent the rest back home with him.  The neighbor asked me what I thought about his leg, and I said I thought it might be broken.  If he were mine, I'd have taken him to the vet.  Hopefully, they will go on and take him.  They also brought me a new t-shirt.

And look! The letters are sewn on!

I didn't have an LSU t-shirt.

Speaking of, the unbeaten LSU Tigers faced off against the unbeaten Auburn Tigers.  I don't wanna talk about it.

The struggling Texas Longhorns faced off against the Iowa State Cyclones.  I really don't wanna talk about it.

Sigh, I'm going to bed

to dream of happier days...


Sus said...

Those fun fur scarves really crank right out, don't they? Great charity project -- go, you!

Oh, girlfriend, I hear you about the plants. I am dismal. I'm still shocked that the peonies outside didn't die as soon as I moved in. Good luck with your new acquisition -- I expect progress photos! :)

Becky said...

Thanks, Sus. I keep looking at my pot, thinking I'm going to see something, even though I just planted them. I'll keep you updated.


Related Posts with Thumbnails