Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rainy Saturday

It has rained all day long, and I do mean ALL day long. I mostly sat and knit. I'm only 9 1/2 rounds away from being done with chart 4, so it's moving right along. I can feel how warm it is when I lay it down in my lap.

The other thing I did was watch football. The first half of the divisional round is done. The Saints knocked off the Cardinals pretty easily 45-14. Last week, the Packers put up 45 points on the Cards, too, only the Cards scored 51. No team that allows that allows 45 points--much less 45 points two weeks in a row--is going to make it to the Superbowl. I was so hoping that the Cards would win, though. If the Cowboys win tomorrow, the NFC Championship game would be played at Cowboys Stadium. Now, no matter who wins tomorrow, it will be played in the Superdome.

On the AFC side, the Colts handled the Ravens--manhandled rather. Final score 20-3. You could tell the Colts seemed to dial down their offense after getting up 17 points. They will play the winner of tomorrow's game between the Chargers and the Jets. Cody is rooting for the Jets, since the Chargers have historically given the Colts problems. The last two years, it was the Chargers who knocked the Colts out of the playoffs in the first round. I have to root for the Chargers, though. That's the team Jacob Hester plays for. You remember him. I once promised to name my next child after him. Since there are more children in my future, the puppy had to do.

No comments: