Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

I've watched football all day long--so much so that it feels like Saturday. I'm almost afraid that I'm going to get up and try to go to church in the morning.

LSU dropped the Capitol One bowl because they didn't decide to start playing football until the 4th quarter. Well, that, and both Charles Scott and Keland Williams were out injured. Without them, the Bayou Bengals couldn't establish a running game, and everyone knows that once you make a team one dimensional, it's pretty easy to beat them. Penn State won on a last second field goal. Final score was 19-17.

Then I watched the Rose Bowl--and Ohio State finally won one after dropping the Fiesta Bowl last year, and two National Championships in a row. No dog in that fight, but still, it's the Grandaddy of them all.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl. Somehow, they expected it to be a close game, but Florida handled Cincinnati pretty easily--51-24. The bad part about that game was having to listen to 4 hours of sappy, syrupy, gushing, man love for Tim Tebow. I feel like I need some extra insulin or something, now.

That's pretty much how I spent my New Year's Day. Watching football and knitting.

No comments: