Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not A Drop

The plan was to get up and go to the zoo today. They'd opened a new exhibit back in October, and I wanted to see it. However, the weather forecast called for rain all day, so we decided to stay home and do basically nothing. And that's basically what we did.

As it turns out, it didn't rain a single drop all day.

So the big thing was to get the mouse out of the washing machine. I put a live trap in there, but he wouldn't go into it. I waited a couple of hours, and even tried to chase him in there (use #3785 for a knitting needle), but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. OK, he would jump on top and wash his little face, but other than that...

I finally found a heavy canvas work glove, of which I apparently only have one, and just reached in there and grabbed him. I carried him out to Mrs. Woods' woods and let him go, admonishing him as I did so not to enter my house again or I'd have to kill him. He scampered off into the brush, hopefully never to be seen again.

Then I did three loads of laundry.

And that was the extent of my excitement for this gloomy Saturday.

.

No comments: