Thursday, November 03, 2022

Yarn Chicken

How's this for a game of yarn chicken?


I definitely earned that Purl Scout badge today, didn't I?  And for my moment of thankfulness...I'm thankful I won. 

Oh, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I hadn't.  I'd have just had to tink a row and go from there, but I wouldn't have had the adrenalin rush that comes with a close call like this. 

Anyway, here it is, the finished object -- less weaving the ends in, that is.

I'll get to that in a minute. 

Or maybe tomorrow, as my day started very early and with somewhat of a jolt due to a cat fight right outside my bedroom window.  Very early.  As in, middle of the night.  As in, I don't even know what time it was. 

And as if that weren't enough, after work that self same cat caught a bird.  A live bird, and brought it into my house.  Alive.  Then she let it go and it was flying all over my house trying to get away from the cat and me, because we were both trying to catch it.  She to kill it, and me to release it outside. 

I finally managed to shoo it out the open back door, but I didn't tell the cat.  She kept looking for that bird and I just sat there laughing.  

It's what she gets for waking me up in the middle of the night. 

No comments: