Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Finally!

 Look what came in the mail today!


That is what I'm thankful for today.  My stamps got here!  It only took a week and a half, and I'm not sure where they've been wandering for the last week, but at least they finally got here. 

My friend who lives in the Memphis area told me the post office up there is a pit.  The postmaster doesn't care, and neither do her employees.  I reckon if I hadn't filed that search request, they might still be sitting up there in the black hole of the Memphis Post Office. Oh well.  I guess all's well that ends well.  But look, I have Christmas stamps and international stamps once again!


Say, Becky, you're getting awfully excited over some stamps.  Why, yes, yes I am, and I'll tell you why.  Because of these:  Peanuts stamps!

These will not be used.  They'll go into a safe place right alongside my Star Trek stamps...if I can ever find the safe place I put those into, that is. 

Well, I can cross one more thing off my to-do list, because this afternoon I finished digging up that old fire pit.  


I got the last of the chunks of cement moved over by the fence, then took my dirt rake and kind of filled in the holes they left.  It'll be a whole lot easier to mow from here on out. 

I think once I get my patio re-done, I'll get a metal or brick fire pit and put it closer to the house.  No guarantees I'll use it more, but at least it'll be there when I want to use it, and you can get the small ones from Walmart for less than $50.  

And finally, if you believe this, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.  



No comments: