Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Sleepy

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have not been sleeping well these last few days.  I'm sure the time change has something to do with it, and getting old isn't helping things either.  As in, the older I get, the harder it is to adjust to the aforementioned time changes. 

Last night, I lay awake most of the night, finally falling asleep sometime well after midnight.  When one gets up at 4:30, that makes for a short night indeed.  And a foggy brain.  Oh, I've got things to talk about,  I just can't get my brain organized enough to get started. 

But the good news is, I only have two more days of work and then I'm off until the 28th. Unless the plant changes things at the last minute, that is.  How nice it will be to sleep normal hours, even if only for a few days. 

Whelp, Cody wants us to go spend Thanksgiving day with Brennan's family.  I don't really want to, but it appears that's going to be the only way I get to spend holidays with my son any more.  Go spend them with Brennan's family.  He says I can come up the day before and stay with him, so I don't have to drive at night, because I can't see.  I hate driving in Memphis anyway, and sure don't want to be doing it after dark.  I'm going to take his favorite broccoli casserole and a cream cheese pie.  I'm waiting to hear back from him to see if he wants me to do cranberry sauce, too.  

Shhh, don't tell him, but I plan on making my own dinner anyway, so I can have the leftovers.  With that in mind, I was looking in my deep freeze to see if I had some sweet potatoes in there.  I found them, but I also found some leftover turkey -- from 2017.  

I thought briefly about thawing it out and seeing if it was still good, but decided to take the better part of valor and tossed it. It made me realize, though, that I really need to clean that deep freeze out.  I have no idea what all is in there, so that will probably be one of my projects for the week I'm off. 

 When I'm not sleeping, that is. 

And one final note, it was 17 years ago today that I made my very first blog post -- which was a sketch I'd drawn of my cat Squeaky as she sat staring into that space only cats can see. 

 



My questionable drawing skills aside, it's been quite the ride.  I am thankful for each and every one of you who have stuck with me throughout the years. 

Here's to many more. 

No comments: