Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A Quickie

 A quick post, that is, because I'm plumb tuckered. 

Last night, about the time I went to bed, another round of thunderstorms rolled through and kept me awake most of the night.  And wouldn't you know it, being tired from the weather isn't a valid excuse for missing work, so when that alarm went off at 2:45, I dragged my weary body out of bed and on into work.  

I'm dragging so bad, but I did want to pop in and let you know I made it through all right.  The worst of the severe weather passed us once again, but my friend Christi was right in the thick of it.  She made it through also, but said it got interesting there for a while. 

I know several tornadoes touched down, and many places reported hail.  

Heh, yesterday at work, we had a safety training class.  When we got into the training room, the safety guy told us all to turn off our phones.  Well, I didn't.  Nobody ever calls me anyway -- especially now that election season is over, for the moment.  I figured silencing my ringer would be good enough. 

I have 47 weather apps on my phone.  Yes, you read that right.  Forty seven. 

Right in the middle of that meeting, every last one of them started sending me weather alerts. 

OK, so I'm exaggerating, but I did have to shut off my phone really quickly. 

Then again, right before I went to bed, I turned off all my lights in my living room, except for my Christmas tree and my music light, and was playing Christmas songs on my keyboard.  I briefly thought it'd be a good night to try to record a song or two....until my NOAA radio warning went off and I liked to have jumped out of my skin.  Then my phone started going off, and I said, "Yeah, that would sound lovely in the middle of a carol."  

Well, I'm running on about three hours sleep, so I'm going to get off of here for now, but before I go, I want to show you this.


Somehow, when I repotted this cactus, I got some red and some salmon sprigs into the same pot.  I'm debating on whether to separate them next spring, or just leave it as it is. 

Oh, and I almost forgot.  Happy last day of hurricane season!  And I didn't have to light my Jim Cantore repellent candle once this year!  

Woo hoo!

No comments: