Saturday, November 19, 2022

First Batch

The first batch of Christmas cards are decorated and ready to drop into the mail!  



I'm almost done with cards for this year.  Of course, I'm still waiting on the ones I ordered, and a couple more addresses before I can finish.  Which brings up the point, if you commented on my post that you want a card, but didn't give me your address....well, you're not getting a card.  At least, not until I get your address.  

I've got to make some more wax seals, as well.  I stopped pouring the melted wax directly onto the envelope because for some reason, the seal would end up roughly triangular in shape.  I never figured out what I was doing wrong, so a year or so ago, I started pouring the wax onto a silicone baking mat, then using glue dots to stick them to the envelopes. It works much better that way.  

Because I am...um... me, I spent the entire first half of the Texas vs. Kansas game to sort all my wax beads by color.  

It just always annoyed me to try to pick out specific colors from the little bags they came in.  Somewhere around here, I have some little boxes with compartments in them.  If I can find them, I can sort the beads into those, and not have to fool with it in the future.  

By the way, just a bit of unsolicited advice; if you ever decide you want to get into sealing wax and stamps, spring for the quality wax instead of this cheap stuff.  It melts so much more smoothly and makes nicer seals.  Not that this is bad wax.  It's just not great wax. So go for the great wax, even though it might cost a bit more. 

In other news, I made a simmer pot to put on top of my wood stove. 


It has pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves, and just a drop of vanilla extract in it, and it also has the added benefit of humidifying the house during these dry winter days.  The downside to this is, my stove doesn't really get hot enough for this to steam like it needs to, so I ended up pouring it into my crock pot.


It can simmer there all day long, and will likely be much safer anyway. 

Apropos of nothing, look what I picked up at Walmart yesterday!  


 They were just so cute, I couldn't resist.  

Well, none of my friends claimed Jesse's unused food and treats, so yesterday I messaged someone who is involved with a local animal rescue group and offered it to her.  She came out this afternoon and picked it all up.  

Let me tell you, that woman likes to talk!  She talked so much, I missed Texas' first touchdown.  She was very appreciative of the stuff, though.  She kept asking me who I wanted her to give the food to.  I told her to give it to whoever needs it most.  She said she'd probably donate the dry food to the local pound, because they're always running low.  

That's about it for today.   I have to get off here because I need the computer to watch Bedlam, while I'll be watching LSU on the TV.  

Later, peeps. 

No comments: