Friday, November 11, 2022

When It Rains

It pours.  

Sometime today, the cat tried to skin her own tail.  

OK, OK, it wasn't that bad, but she did come in with about a quarter sized chunk of skin missing right at the base of her tail.  I didn't take her to the vet.  I just wrapped her up in a towel -- which she did not like -- and dabbed the wound with some diluted Betadine -- which she liked even less, and let me know in no uncertain terms.   But I got it done.  

When I let her loose, she ran up and swatted me with her paw.  Just to let me know how displeased she was.  Anyway, I'm going to keep an eye on it, and try to put Betadine on it a couple of times a day.  If it shows signs of getting infected, then off to the vet we'll go.  

By the way, I googled, and diluted iodine is safe for cats.  

In other news, don't let these beautiful skies fool you.  



It's about to get cold, and it's supposed to get here sometime during the night to night.  I'm ready, and so is my woodbox:


That'll be enough to get a fire going in the morning, then I'll trudge out to the wood pile and get more. I've still got some bigger pieces that need to be split down.  I might be able to get out and do a bit of that, too.  

What with the cold on the way, and the lows supposed to be getting down into the low 30s/upper 20s this next week, my big project for today was to move my outside plants into their winter home.  


That little shelf gets surprisingly dirty sitting out there all summer, so the first thing I had to do was to wash it down really well.  Once that was done, the rest was easy.  Now they're all settled in and ready for winter.  

The only other thing I did, besides the usual payday errands and household chores, was to start gathering up Jesse's things so I can find them a new home.  If anyone local needs some dog stuff, I have food, treats, vitamins, a bed, leashes and collars...lots of stuff.  Just let me know if you want it.  You'll get first crack before I advertise it on Facebook. 

Well, I suppose there is no point in trying to diet until January now. 


 How in the world are we supposed to stay thin in a world with such good tasting stuff?  And if you're one of those who says nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, you're just eating the wrong food. 

Now I have a hankering for biscuits and gravy....

And finally, I kept forgetting to mention it, but I did get to see the eclipse early Tuesday morning.  It reached totality right about the time I was leaving for work, so it worked out just right.  


No comments: