Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Rough

I am ashamed to admit it, but I have to confess, I neglected to perform my civic duty today.  I didn't vote in that runoff election.  I was just so tired after a 10 hour work day, all I wanted to do was to come home.  

Getting up at 2:45 is rough after being used to sleeping in until 6:00.  I think I told you that yesterday, didn't I?  I can't even remember I'm so doggone tired. I'm just sitting here with what Beverly used to call the blind stares.  I only hope this post is somewhat coherent. 

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know that I got my turkey noodle soup made, though.  I might add a few more carrots, but other than that, it's done.  Don't ask me for my recipe, because I don't have one.  I just toss stuff in and roll with it. 

By the way, your kitchen kettle will work a whole lot better if you plug it in first.  

Um...happened to a friend.  Yea, that's it.  Happened to a friend. 

The bad news is, all they had at Walmart when I went was a five pound bag of carrots.  I've got a lot left.  I might make a carrot cake with some of them, but I'm afraid a lot of them will just end up in the compost bin.  

The good news is, the expected storms skirted all around me.  


It got rough north of me, and to the south of me, but we dodged the bullet once again.  I know there was at least one tornado touched down, and down around Vaiden, they got some 2 inch hail.  All we got was a good rain, for which I'm very thankful.  

I've just heard there is a tornado warning down in Soso, near Laurel.  They're the one that got hit by that bad one a couple of years ago.  

Even better...

I got to work this morning and one of my coworkers hollered across the department, "Thank you, Becky!"  At first, I thought she was thanking me for posting the weather forecast, so I said, "You're welcome!....For what?"  

She looked at me somewhat indignantly and said, "The Christmas card!  It made my day!  I've never gotten a Christmas card before!"  

Then she gave me a big old hug, grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

That, friends, is why I do it.  

No comments: