Monday, November 28, 2022

Way Too Fast

Well, that week off went by way too fast. I got to work bright and early this morning, and just couldn’t seem to get my act together. I’m frustration, I turned to my coworker and said,  “I’ve been off so long, I’ve forgotten how to do my job!”

She said, "I know, right?"  

The first day back is always rough, and to add insult to injury, we had to stay until three.  And just to pour salt into the wound, we have to start coming in at 4:00 AM tomorrow.  While I am glad to be getting a little overtime, I'm not looking forward to getting up at 2:45 again.  

But why are we going in at 4:00, you may ask.  Well, I'll tell you.  Because the production manager over the assembly area was complaining that he didn't have any headers on the lines. 

And the entire sub-brazing department said, 

"Well, DUH!" 

Seriously, what did you think would happen when you keep moving brazers out of the department?  Not only that, when we are shorthanded -- as we were today with a 50% absentee rate -- you won't send us any help.  We had six -- yes six-- brazers out today, and did we get any help?  Of course not!  Even when the brazing floater set up on a stand to help us out a bit, you came and got her and moved her to the back. 

Dude, if you can't make the connection between moving brazers out of the department and not having any headers, you have no business trying to run a plant. 

After a long day at work, I ran in to town to buy the carrots and noodles, plus a few other odds and ends, for my soup, but by the time I got home and ate a bite of supper, I was too tired to fool with it.  All I did was pull the meat off the bones so I could throw them away, tomorrow being trash day here.  I'll finish the soup tomorrow.  It won't be too hard, since the onions and celery are already chopped.  All I'll have to do is chop the carrots and cut up the meat.  Oh, and cook the noodles, of course.  

I've got to go vote again tomorrow, too.  We've got a run-off for one of the district judges, and since the guy I voted for the first time is in said runoff, I'm just going to vote for him again.  THEN, I'll have to go buy some more oregano, and hopefully the Dollar General on the corner will have some, because I sure don't want to go all the way into town again.  Sheesh, I'm already tired and I haven't even gotten to tomorrow yet.  

A few days ago, when I was putting out my Christmas decorations, I noticed this wreath was looking a bit bedraggled.  


Not surprising, because it's probably 15 years old, at least.  However, it wasn't until I was browsing through my Timehop app that I ran across this old photo and realized just how bedraggled that wreath really was.


"Self", I said to myself, "You really ought to replace that there wreath."  I looked at Walmart when I was in town today, but they didn't have any small, already decorated wreaths.  The small ones were plain, and the decorated ones were too big.  I'm thinking I might run up to Batesville next Saturday to see what they have. 

But for now, I need to get off of here and get ready for bed.  2:45 comes mighty early, especially when you're used to sleeping in until 6:30.  

And yes, I do realize how sad that sounds...

No comments: