Friday, March 12, 2021

New Things

 I love getting surprises in the mail.  That's not a hint.  I just love getting surprises in the mail.  

That's not what happened this time, though.  I got stuff in the mail, but none of it was a surprise.  I knew it was all coming.  Doesn't make it any less exciting.  OK, a little less exciting, but still...Don't listen to me.  I'm sleep deprived.  

All righty, then...

 Let's start with this:  

It's my welcome kit from my weight loss program that starts Monday.  And inside was:


a packet of peanuts and some Pringles.  We're supposed to eat them during an exercise in week one.  I'm not sure how that's going to work out, since I don't really like either.  Oh, I'll eat chips from time to time, but they aren't my favorite snack.  It also has a tape measure and a wrist band. And a book, which I haven't looked at yet.  

On to thing two:  Not nearly as exciting, but necessary.  A new mulch cover for my lawn mower.


My old one broke sometime last summer, but I just now got around to ordering a new one.  I was going to install it yesterday after work.  I'd even looked up a how-to video on YouTube.  Alas, when I got home, I was tired, and just didn't do it.  Maybe tomorrow.  I need to get these weeds cut before they set seed.

On that same topic, I'd ordered some Weed & Feed from Walmart.com, but they cancelled my order, saying the seller hadn't given them a shipping date or something.  They have some at the local WM, but it's been sitting outside in the rain for a week, and has turned to one solid brick of clay like substance.  Maybe I'll try Tractor Supply or the hardware store...

Lastly, but certainly not leastly, one of my knitting friends decided to de-stash her knitting books and offered some of them to me.  And here they are, in no particular order:






I haven't had time to really look through them yet, but I hope to this weekend.  

I have some bad news...I'm not sure Stalker got that job after all.  I'd asked one of my coworkers when he was supposed to start it, and she said he'd told her they're waiting on some paperwork from Dallas.  Then she told me a little later that she'd overheard him telling someone else that it might be a while before he goes up there (to the other job).  She said he turned around and saw her, and walked away really fast.  She expects him to come back and say it all fell through.  Me, I don't think he got the job in the first place.  As much as he lies, nobody believes anything he says anyway.  

Sigh.. and I was so hoping he'd go away...

Well, I'd had a nice, long eloquent post all planned out for you, but it doesn't look like you're going to get one.  My brain is tired.  I'm going to go take a bath, practice my piano, then go to bed.  

Good night. 











No comments: