Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Anybody Want A Cat?

 No, really...anybody want a cat?  

But seriously, last night was a bit rough.  I'd put Cutie back into the kennel for the night, and she did not like it. And she let me know just how much she did not like it.  All night long.

This morning, I got up and moved her into Cody's room so she'd have more space. 


By the time I got home from work, she had settled in right nicely.  I mean, she's still a bit unsure and confused, and I'm sure she misses Mr. Clark, but she seems much more at ease here.  I'm hoping in a few more days, maybe I can leave the bedroom door open and give her the run of the house.  If she can figure out Jesse isn't going to hurt her.  He hasn't displayed any aggression towards Cutie, but she's still not comfortable around him.  

I let her out for a while, and she's still hissing and trying to claw him, so I'll have to keep her shut in for a little while longer.  When I'm not there to referee them, I mean.  I put one of the pet gates in the door, so that even when I am home, Jesse can't get in, and she'll feel a bit safer.  Oh, and he won't be able to eat her food.  


On the way home, I stopped by the store...OK, I went several miles out of my way to go to the store... and picked her up a few toys. 


She is an outdoor cat, and obviously, I can't let her go outside right now.  If I did, she'd just run right back over to Mr. Clark's house, and we'd have to catch her again.  It took Mr. Clark's granddaughter two days to catch her the first time.  Funny how they can sense when something is up.  

But anyway, I didn't want her getting bored, so I picked up a few toys.  Really, it was two multipacks of toys, plus the big gray mouse on the right side. It's got a cavity to put catnip into it, but I haven't yet.  I will.  Someday.  Maybe even today. 

Then I got her a scratching board.

Which she has already used.  And finally, I got her a little hidey house. 


which was not nearly as easy to put together as they claimed on the label.  But it's got scratching boards on the floor of it, as well. 

Next time I go, I want to get a carpeted kind of welcome mat.  I've been wanting one to put in front of my French Doors for a while, now.  I just haven't gotten one.  Hopefully, if she's got enough things to scratch, she'll leave my furniture and my legs alone.  


No comments: