Tuesday, March 30, 2021

New Cat

 I'd planned on getting another cat eventually.  I just didn't plan on getting one quite so soon.

As it happens, my neighbor needed a new home for his cat, so I said I'd take her.  Her name is Cutie.  Her name might not stay Cutie, but for now, that's what it is. 

I put her in the old dog kennel, because I was kind of worried about how Jesse would react, because he'd always growled at her when he saw her through the window.  Turns out, when they met face to face, he was scared of her.  

She hissed and jumped at him, and he hasn't come out of the bedroom since.  I think they'll eventually get along, and it'll be good for Jesse.  Since we lost Rylea, he has been all alone for the first time since I adopted him back in '13.  

I think I may move her to the bathroom when I go to work in the morning, so she can have access to her litterbox.  I tried to fix her a mall one up and put it into the kennel, but she dumped it out.  

In other news, I got my third stimulus last week.  As I did with the first, since I was considered essential, I put most of it into savings, but spent a bit trying to help some of these small businesses that have been struggling so hard this last year.  The first of those expenditures arrived sometime last week, but I just wasn't up to blogging about it then.


The colorway is Flickering Flame, and the shop is Ravenswood Fibers.  

And finally, look at this little surprise!


I didn't think I'd get any bluebonnets this year, but I've got one blooming!  Yay!

P.S.  Well, that escalated quickly.




No comments: