Friday, March 05, 2021

I Got In!

 I got the email today.  I got in to the weight loss program!  

I'm still not quite sure what it's all about, but from what I understand, they'll post several brief videos every Monday, and I can watch them at my convenience during the week.  They're supposed to teach me the skills I need lose weight and keep it off, without counting calories or eating bland, boring food.  We'll see how it goes, and I'll be sure to keep you updated.

I had a pleasant surprise earlier this week.  I looked across the street at my neighbor's yard, and the jonquils are blooming!   


It's finally starting to feel like spring.  Even so, I've been buying up the fake firewood from the clearance aisle just in case.  It was Easter Sunday last year when I lost electricity for 4 days, and it turned cold the next day.  Thank goodness for my neighbors who gave me some leftover firewood.  I'm ready for it, this time around.  But hopefully, I won't need it.  My governor is fond of saying, "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and expect somewhere in between."  Sound advice, if ever I heard any. 

I guess that's about it for today.  I'm still getting used to having to get up an hour earlier, and my brain just feels numb, so I won't be boring you any more tonight.  

But I can't leave you without your Texas History moment:  



No comments: