Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Independence Day

 It's Independence Day!  In more ways than one!  

On this day in 1836, the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed in a one room cabin in Washington-On-The-Brazos.  I'm not going to post the text again, but if you want to read it, you can find it online anywhere.  I've even posted it on the blog a few times. 


And the brave men at the Alamo never even knew it had been signed.  

In a move that seems fitting, Texas governor Greg Abbot announced today that starting next week Texas would be open 100%.  No more mask mandates, no more capacity restrictions, no more lockdowns. 

Even better news, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves announced that Mississippi would also be lifting all restrictions, including county mask mandates, starting tomorrow!  The bad news is, we're still under a city mask ordinance.  I'm not holding my breath on the city council --otherwise known as King Louis and The House Of Lords -- lifting that one any time soon.  And as far as I know, we'll still have to wear them at work.  I'll keep you updated.  

Nevertheless, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a real hope that this pandemic could be over soon.  In the meantime, we still need to be careful.  Wash your hands often.  Get the vaccine if you can.  Listen to real doctors and not Facebook memes...that kind of thing.  

Last Friday, one of my very dearest friends posted that she and her husband both have the COVID.  I'm kind of worried, because I haven't heard from her since.  She's not on a lot, but still, an update would be appreciated.  So, if you're reading this, let me know how you are doing!  You know who you are.  

And finally, look at this!  Women's flannel lounge pants!


What's so amazing about that?  They have functional pockets!!!!  Did you hear me??  FUNCTIONAL POCKETS!!!  It's so hard to find women's clothing with functional pockets.  I feel like I hit the jackpot.  

Well, I guess that's about all I have for today, and 3:30 AM comes mighty early.  Besides that, I still have to practice my piano, so laters peeps.  


1 comment:

Otter said...

I want those pants!!!! I may have to just make some before next winter. Love buffalo plaid and pockets!