Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Jesse On Day 10

 As most of you know, I lost my other dog Rylea back in December.  I'd gotten her from the pound way back in '07.  I had no idea what breed she was, but I suspect she was part lab.  It's pretty common for labs to struggle with maintaining their weight, and Ry was no exception.  I'd kept her on weight management food for most of her adult life, and because she and Jesse tended to eat out of each other's bowls, I just gave him the same food.  

After she died, I decided Jesse didn't really need to be on weight management, so I cancelled that subscription (I'd had to order it online after our local WM stopped carrying it), and bought him a bag of Kibbles n Bits.  Mainly because I had an ibotta rebate for it.  

Jesse doesn't like the bits.      

He'll eat the kibble, but leaves the bits.  Silly dog!  So, we're still searching for a dog food for him.  I got him some Gravy Train to try next.  We'll see.  

You'd think a dog who spent so much of his young life starving wouldn't be so picky, but he is. Oh, well, we'll keep trying until I find something he likes.  

Oh, and another thing, I'd bought Rylea a dog bed as she started aging.  When she was still alive, Jesse would sleep on it any time she wasn't using it.  Now that she's gone, he won't touch it.  I'm not sure what that's all about.

I'm still debating whether I want to work Sunday or not.  One minute, I'm rearing to go and sign up.  The next, I'm not so sure.  A few years back, I'd have signed up already, but I'm getting too old to be working all these hours.  The money is nice, but man am I tired!

Speaking of, I still need to practice my piano and take a bath, so here is your Texas history moment for today:


And with that, I'll bid you bonne nuit.  



No comments: