Saturday, October 31, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Halloween Evening

 1.  Once again, I didn't get any Trick-Or-Treaters.  I'm not surprised, living in an out of the way neighborhood as I do.  Darn.  I guess I'll have to eat all this candy myself. 

2.  My Supervisor has a bull horn.

2.  You know what else my supervisor has?  A giant bear costume.

And some pretty sweet dance moves, too. 


4.  Well, I lost.  The game of seeing how long we can go without turning on the heater, I mean.  I just can't deal at 3:30 in the morning, so I threw in the towel and turned mine on. Just enough to take the chill off the house. 


It's supposed to be even colder in the morning.  I've got a little firewood left, but I'm going to have to be stingy with it.  Several people have posted firewood for sale in some of the local groups, but they either don't answer my messages, or they refuse to deliver, or want cash only.  I contacted one person from a little town just about 10 miles from here, and he wanted an extra $50 to deliver, and he wanted cash only.  Yeah, that's not going to happen. I'm thinking I'm going to be spending a lot of time under blankets this winter. 

5.  I told myself all day long that I was going to go out to the lake this evening and watch the moon rise over the water.   Here at the house, there are too many trees to see it until it's well over the horizon and no longer big and orange.  Unfortunately, these ball games were too good to walk away for that long.  Well, one of them was, at least. Texas knocked off OK ST in overtime.  LSU is not having a good season, and that's all I have to say about that. 

Even so, I got the old telescope out and took some photos of the moon once it cleared the trees.  Or almost cleared them.  


I may go out here again in a little bit and take some more, once it's fully cleared all the trees.


Then I put my 3x magnifier in and took some close ups of the surface.  

No, it's not completely round because the image was too big for the eyepiece.  I haven't figured out how to zoom out.   Actually, I don't think you can, other than switching the eyepieces out to change the magnification factor.  Eh, it's a cheap telescope.  I'm already wanting to upgrade, but the really good ones are pretty high dollar.  A bit much for my budget right now.  

6.  I had to work this weekend.  It was supposed to be inventory this week, so I didn't put in a vacation day.  I'm kind of glad, because we had a special guest out at the plant. 


7.  I guess that's all I have for tonight, so I'll just leave you with my traditional Halloween prayer. 








No comments: