Friday, October 16, 2020

Word Of The Day

 And your word of the day today is:

Embezzle;  (V) em-bez-zle  : to appropriate something fraudulently to one's own use. 

 -- a word which may or may not have had something to do with the high profile firings out at the plant earlier this week.  

On a completely unrelated note, they're going to start giving us our monthly attendance bonuses again -- with 4 months back pay for those who qualify.  No word yet on that hazard pay essential employees were supposed to be getting throughout this pandemic, though...

Moving right along...

There really wasn't much I was interested in during this year's Prime Day.  I debated back and forth for a while about whether to upgrade my Fire Stick, and finally took the plunge.  It was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but much to my surprise it was waiting there in the mailbox this afternoon.  

Eagerly, I tore open the package and pulled out...


an orange box.  Wait, isn't it supposed to be blue? The last one I bought was in a blue box.  That's when it hit me.  I didn't have a Fire Stick.  I have a ROKU.  Sigh...I probably won't send it back, though.  There are things you can get on a Fire Stick that you can't get on a ROKU and vice versa.  Plus, my older ROKU has been acting up lately, which is one reason I decided to go ahead and upgrade.  

My other Prime Day purchase wasn't supposed to get here until Tuesday, so as you may imagine, I was even more surprised to see the Brown Truck Of Happiness pull into my driveway and drop off a box.  And what was in that box?  This!!


A telescope!  It's not a really big or powerful one, but it was less than $100, and I think it will do the trick.  And look at this:


It's got an adapter where you can hook up your phone and take pictures through the telescope.  I might just get some decent photos of my deer after all.   I hope.  Here lately, the deer haven't been showing up until after dark, so that'll make it might tricky.  

I thought this was really nice.  It's a bluetooth shutter clicker, too, so you don't get a blurry picture from jiggling the telescope when hitting the shutter icon on your phone's camera.   

It's got two different eye pieces -- a 10MM and 25MM-- and a 3X magnifier thingy.  I'm sure it's all got technical names and stuff, but frankly, the instructions left a lot to be desired.  They were written by someone whose first language was clearly not English.  It was hard enough figuring them out, even without getting all tecnhical.

Best part is, it all folds up neatly into this nifty little carrying case for easy transportation. 


Isn't that cool?  I didn't get it in time for the Harvest Moon, but you just might get a picture of the Hunter's Moon, if I can drag my lazy behind out to the lake so I can get a clear view of it, that is. 

And finally, when you have pellets, but you forget you have pellets, so you buy more pellets, then you think you have pellets, you're not completely sure if you have pellets, so you buy more pellets, just in case you don't have any pellets... 

you end up with a lot of pellets. 







No comments: