Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Sundries

 Well, we knew the no overtime thing wouldn't last.  What was it?  A week?  Yep, that's right.  We're back to going in at 5:00 AM in the morning.  I'm still going to stay up tonight and watch one of the new cheesy Hallmark movies, though.  Countdown to Christmas started Friday, and I've been glutting on cheese -- so to speak.  

Except for the time I took to watch Texas win, Navy lose, and LSU win decisively over South Carolina, that is...

While I was watching football interspersed with Hallmark movies, I took a moment to play with my new stamps.  Or my new stamp pads, rather.  I've had the stamps for ages.  


This is just one of the cards I did.  I don't know that I'm going to do all of them this way, but some of you will definitely get some fancy stamped cards.   

Somewhere in the midst of all that, I decided I needed to finally get all my yarn organized.  When I'd moved into this house, I just kind of stuffed it everywhere, but what with all the new yarn I've been getting here lately, I felt the need to reorganized things.  

First thing, I picked out a few skeins I knew I'd probably never use and gave them away in one of the local FB groups.  

Wonder of wonders, the person who contacted me actually showed up and got it.  

The next thing I did was to drag out all my yarn and pile it into the middle of the snake room floor.   I was able to fit most of my worsted weight acrylic into this cabinet in the living room.  


Most of this is slated for charity hats, but I'm thinking some of it might go into a blanket.  Once all that was put away, this is what was left.  And yes, that box is full of yarn, too. 


I got it sorted into worsted weight, sock weight, DK/Sport weight,  novelty yarns, 


and lace weight piles.  

I'll still need to sort the yarn in the box.  Most of it is sock weight, but there is some worsted and some that appears to be hand spun.  I'll be putting it away over the next few days, and I'll probably try to de-stash a little more, as well.  If I do destash, I'll be posting it on my FB page before offering it up to the general public, so if you're friends with me over there, keep an eye out for it.  

What I really need to do is to spend less time on my computer/phone/Kindle, and more time knitting.  So, with that, I'll bid you adieu and get to knitting. 

No comments: