Saturday, October 24, 2020

My New Telescope

 I've been sharing a few photos I took with my new telescope on Facebook and Instagram, but it occurred to me that I should probably post a few here.  You know, just in case I might have a reader somewhere that doesn't follow me on those sites.  

In the interest of full disclosure, I'd intended to post this on Thursday, but insomnia had hit me hard the night before, and I didn't feel like it.  I've been an insomniac for as long as I can remember.  When I was about 8 or 9, I even asked my mother how to go to sleep.  She said, "You just lay down and close your eyes, and you go to sleep."  Well, that wasn't working for me, so I said, "But how do you go to sleep?"  Fifty-ish years later, and I still haven't figured it out.  

If I had posted this Thursday, I'd have mostly shown you some of the pictures I'd taken with my telescope. 

For instance, this squirrel, eating at the feeder. 


And a couple of decent pictures of the deer. 


My silly camera kept wanting to focus on the fence, but this is still better than I was getting before. 


A female cardinal


And a male cardinal. 


On a whim, I decided to see if I could get a video of a squirrel.  Lo and behold, it worked!



And lastly, a picture of the moon. 


I've been wanting to get out and try to look at maybe Mars, but it's been cloudy ever since.  Maybe we'll have a clear night soon. 







No comments: