Sunday, October 04, 2020

Finished Object!

 Yes, there is a finished object in this house!  I declared today to be a knitting while watching cheesy Hallmark movies day, and finally finished this hat. 


I don't know what I'm going to do with it, though, as it doesn't look like my friend is going to be doing her blessing bags again this year.   Oh, well, I'll put it into the gift drawer, and sooner or later, a need will arise. 

One always does. 

I spent the rest of the day working on this scarf.  


I'd debated on casting on something new, but I didn't.  I'd pulled this skein out of the bag of yarn from Suzie, 

thinking it will make a really nice scarf, or small stole.  It's single ply, so I really don't think it would hold up as a pair of socks, despite the name of the yarn.  But it's super soft, and is crying out to be a scarf.  I just have to do a little searching to find the right pattern.  

I guess the only other crafty thing I did was to pull that little cross-stitch out and try to work on it a bit.  It was then I remembered why I had stopped.  Because I can't see the fool thing!  I'm going to have to get me one of those big magnifying lights just to finish it.  I have some cheap reading glasses from Walmart that may work, if I can find a brighter light to shine on it.  I'll keep you posted.

I managed to solve one mystery, though.  I dug my owner's manual out for my keyboard, and there it is:

Instructions on how to set the touch sensitivity.  I must have hit the wrong key way back when I first got it, trying figure out how to make the different features work, and turned it off completely.  Then, the other day, I somehow got it set to hard.  Now, it's back on medium, which is normal piano settings.  I can get back to practicing my Christmas music.  

Speaking of music, I've shared this video before, but I've really been feeling my Irish lately, so I'm sharing it again.

It's originally an old folk song about a man bringing his new bride home, but during the Easter Rising of 1916, it became a rallying cry for those seeking Irish independence from British rule. 

And finally, Cody has been seeing this girl named Brennan.  He'd wanted to bring her to meet me back right in the middle of peak season, but I told him it wasn't a good time.  Today, we talked again, and I told him I've got some time off, and things are much less stressful now, so they're coming next weekend.  I'm surprisingly nervous about this.  

His birthday is a week from Tuesday, so I'm going to make him a cake.  He requested chocolate with cream cheese icing.  

Think I should make him a Texas shaped cake?  I've got a pan, you know...

No comments: