Monday, February 10, 2020

25 Years

So, there I was at work, just a working away when Group Leader Shark came and told everyone to go to the training room.

"Oh, great,"  I said to myself.  "I wonder what we're going to get hollered at about now."

Much to my surprise, we didn't get hollered at at all.  The Boss Who Must Not Be Named said he's meeting with all the departments, saying he wants to change the culture of the plant.  He wants it to get back to the family we were before.

But that's not what I wanted to tell you.  During the meeting, it rained so hard it almost drowned TBWMNBN out.  And me, I'm such a dork, I spent the rest of the day fretting because I couldn't remember...

if I'd emptied my rain gauge after the last storm went through.

I think I did, but I'm not entirely sure.  It read 3.75 inches when I got home...but was it all from today's rain?  Who knows?

By the way, there were 9 confirmed tornadoes from the storms last week.  I haven't heard about today's storms, though.  There was significant flooding throughout the state, but no tornadoes as far as I know.

Back to the meeting...Friday was my 25th anniversary out at the plant.  TBWMNBN made me get my picture took.  I didn't want my picture took, but he said, "You'll be all right."  So he said, "Supervisor, take a picture.  No, wait.  Supervisor, you get in the picture.  Stalker, you take it."  Then he called Group Leader Shark to be up in it, too.

She didn't want to be in the picture, either, so she was hiding behind me.  I had turned around and was laughing at her.  I turned back towards the camera, and smiled, but by that time, Stalker was handing it back to Supervisor.  Thanks a lot.  I look like such a dork!

Here you have it:


Supervisor, Dork, Group Leader Shark, and The Boss Who Must Not Be Named.

Inside the box was my certificate and a little book, and look!  It had Mad Libs in it!


Of course I filled it out!  Here are my answers:

When I reflect on my time here, I am most proud of having worked here for 25 years, and I haven't killed anyone yet!

Doing great work like that made me feel relieved I'm not in prison.

On my team, I have become the go-to person for all the crappy jobs no one else wants to do.

In fact, my team nickname at this anniversary would be an unwholesome word I can't repeat here, because my blog would lose it's PG rating. 

Looking ahead, I want to accomplish saving up enough money to quit and move back home, because I know that I am good at being Texan, tracking hurricanes, and umm, I can't think of anything else.  

Along the way, I have the dream of hog hunting from a helicopter to inspire me.

Onward!




No comments: