Friday, February 28, 2020

On Good Authority

Remember a few days ago, when I said I had rewarded myself for surviving a rough week by buying books? 

Anybody got a library for sale? 

It was rough, I tell ya.  Real rough.  Early this morning, one of the assembly line supervisors came up front and was asking me about some parts.  I was trying to answer, but I finally just said, "I don't know what happened to them.  We're just trying to keep our heads above water up here." 

That's how it was all day long.  We've had a lot of people out all week, and were down four brazers again today.  We spent the day scrambling to stay ahead of the lines.  I sure hope they get some people hired and trained, and soon, because they're killing their employees. 

The good news is, our Saturday hours are going to be 5-1 from now on.  I got that straight from the horse's mouth -- the horse being The Boss Who Must Not Be Named.  He said if it were up to him, we'd be working 9-5 on Saturdays.  I replied, "Nobody would like you if you did that!" 

Speaking of bosses, I've heard TBWMNBN isn't going to be our boss any more.  He is going to be over the assembly lines, and Other Boss is going to be our boss.  (Just for clarification, New Boss is over the whole plant.  His official title is Director of Operations, while TBWMNBN is the Production Manager.  Other Boss will also be a Production Manager.)  Right now, that's just rumor, and I haven't heard anything official, so I don't know if it's true or not.  But when we heard who was going to be over us, we all went, "Ugh, no!  Not him!"  Oh, he's nice enough and all.  We just don't think he has enough butt -- so to speak -- to run a plant of this size. 

Hmmm, maybe I'll reward myself by ordering some new stationery from Amazon...

In the meantime, here is your Texas History moment for today:





No comments: