Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Seriously?

They announced it today.  The whole plant is working Friday.  Certain component areas are also working Saturday.  This is not unusual for this time of year.

But my lands, you should have heard the hooting and hollering and carrying on!  People asking why we were working Friday; people saying it is [unwholesome words I will not repeat here].  A couple even suggested bringing Recently Dismissed Boss back -- forgetting he's the one who put us on these long shifts in the first place, and that he had us working 6 days a week for most of last summer, too.

Along about this point, I looked at my friend and said, "These people are acting like they've never worked here before."

Seriously.  We've worked 6 days a week every spring and summer since I've worked there -- and that'll be 25 years on Friday.  For couple of years, it was a year round thing.

OK, moving right along.  There has been knitting.

Last weekend, I was going to knit another square into my sock yarn blanket, only I couldn't find my other knitting needle.  I went to my box of needles and found another.  Since I'm using DPNs, I needed a point protector to put onto one end, so the stitches wouldn't slip off the back while I was knitting.

I finally found one, and got the square knit.  However, in my search for a point protector, I found this.  Well, not this, but what this used to be.


I'd started it several years ago, and when I moved into this house, I'd stuck it into the closet, and basically forgot about it.  I was looking in that closet and said, "Hmmm, I wonder what's in this basket?"   It used to be a garter stitch scarf, knit at a very loose gauge.  Now, it's a garter stitch scarf knit in a tighter gauge.  I got to looking at it, and decided I didn't like the resulting fabric, so I ripped it out and started over.  I haven't gotten far enough to see if I like it yet, but I probably will just plod on and finish it.

The yarn is Knit Picks Aloft, and the colorway is Tranquil.

Speaking of plodding, I'm still plodding along on this scarf, too.


I still hate the yarn, but the colors are pretty.

Finally, if you come here from a site other than Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and you want to keep reading my blog, you might want to bookmark my page.  I'm going to stop linking to most of those other sites.  I'm not getting enough traffic to make it worth continuing to do so.







No comments: