Friday, February 01, 2019

I've Created A Monster

The first album of my second round of record buying has arrived. 


I think I've created a monster.  Myself, I mean.  I find myself more and more on Ebay looking for old vinyl, particularly stuff i remember from my childhood.  Yesterday, I ordered one of my mother's old Christmas albums that I loved to listen to as a child. 

I mean, I didn't order it from my mother.  It was a copy of one my mother owned.  I mean, not a copy, but the same album...you know what I mean.

I'm building up quite a collection of records, and I don't even have my player yet!  I'm going to order that as soon as my tax return comes back.  I also want to look into getting a writing desk.  I don't know where in my little house I'm going to put a writing desk, but I want one. 

Speaking of, someone will be getting a letter soon. It went into the mail today.  Like I said, if I have your mailing address, it could be you.  If I don't have your address, don't be shy about passing it along to me.  Then maybe, just maybe, you might get an old fashioned, hand written, snail mail letter of your own.  With a wax seal. 

Another thing...I've been kind of thinking about getting on to one of those subscription box things.  It all started when I saw an ad for one that included pens and journals.  I thought long and hard about it, but in the end, I decided $29 per month was a bit too pricey, especially when I don't know exactly what I'll be getting.

Today, I saw another one that was a yarn club for only $10 per month.  I asked my friend Sue about it, because I knew she'd previously bought things from that company, and she told me she didn't think I'd like it.  I trust her enough to take her at her word on that. 

After getting her advice, I passed on joining that one, too.  Maybe if I could find one that would sent me a hat's worth of washable worsted weight and a pattern, for a reasonable price, of course. 

Like I need more hat yarn.  This entire box is full of yarn set aside for charity hats.   


It's mostly Red Heart worsted.  There is also this entire cabinet full, which was sent to me by my ex mother in law. 


The reds, blues, blacks, etc. will be made into hats.  I don't know what I'm going to do with all the white and light yellow.  I said I was going to knit a swatch, then drag it through the mud and wash it to see how clean it will come.  If it washes well, I may do some white hats out of it, or something. 

I have a few more skeins and partial skeins tucked away in project bags, too.  I'm actually thinking about re-learning to crochet, because it goes so much faster than knitting.  I personally don't like the fabric crochet makes, but for a hat it will be fine.  And a homeless person will be glad someone cared enough to make him or her something, and won't be fussy about whether it's knit or crochet.

Well, I slept in until 6:00 AM this morning.  I'm telling you, it's so nice to be able to sleep normal people hours.  7:00 - 3:00 may be 8 hours, but it's not normal.  Once I got up, and took a leisurely amount of time eating breakfast and getting dressed, I then spent half my day at Wal-Mart, getting my car's oil changed.  Almost 4 hours worth of my day, at least.

I know, I know, you never go to Wal-mart on the weekend.  I'm telling you, you should thank your lucky stars you have the freedom to go when you want to.  When you work 12 hour days, you don't get much choice in the matter. 

But the necessary oil change is done now, and I won't have to worry about it for quite some time.  The old 3 months or 3000 miles rule no longer applies, even though many people still follow it.  When I bought mine, the dealer told me 5000 miles, and months don't matter.  I usually just wait until the car tells me to change it.  It's been nagging me for a couple of weeks now.  I was going to do it last weekend, but I was sick.  I was going to do it the weekend before, but Cody came for a visit. 

Next on the docket:  get the dogs' rabies and heartworm shots updated.  I'm going to call and see if they can get them in tomorrow morning.  If not, I'll make an appointment for sometime this week.  At least they stay open until 5:30, so I have time to go after work.  Unlike the doctor and dentist.  Who don't. 

Somehow, I've ended up with a house full of mosquitoes.  I've already killed one, and just saw another one fly in front of the TV.  If you're one of those who lives where the air hurts your face, see what you're missing out on? 

Yeah...




No comments: