Sunday, February 17, 2019

Random Thoughts Of A Sunday Evening

1.  You all, I'm sure, have heard of earworms by now.  You know, those little songs that get stuck in your head.  I get them all the time.  Thursday at work, this was my ear worm all afternoon long.



2.  My Christmas cactus is blooming again.  Crazy thing.   That's why I call it a Whatever Cactus.


3.  When I was a kid, there were some words I couldn't pronounce correctly.  Cash register is one of them.  Since I can't seem to do anything normally, I had no trouble with the word register.  It was cash that tripped me up.  Until I was about 6 or 7, I called it a "cagister register." 

4.  Wandering around on YouTube, I've been watching old NFL compilations of hardest hits.  The ones from the old days are much better.  Even five years ago, the hits were harder, and the game was more exciting.  Roger Goodell is trying to turn football into a sissy sport.  If we wanted to watch a sissy sport, there is always soccer. 

5.  Another word I couldn't say when I was a kid was sub-marine.  Again, I had no problem saying marine.  It was sub I couldn't say.  Some of you already see where I'm going with this.  Yep, I spent all Thursday afternoon singing, "We all live in a yellow sudden marine, a yellow sudden marine, a yellow sudden marine." 

6.  I went on Ebay and ordered five more records.  I think I need an intervention. 

7.  I'm really enjoying my long weekends, but boy am I ready for some overtime.  Well, my bank account is.  Probably because I ordered all those records.

8.  I finished another hat.


This is the Red Heart Super Saver in Fall colorway.  I used an 88 stitch cast on.  Next time I'm going to use an 80 stitch cast on and see if it pools a bit more.  I know some people don't like pooling, but I do.  They make yarn now that pools on purpose.  I'm going to get some, once I've gotten a few more hats knit out of what I already have.

9.  There was something else I wanted to tell you, but right now, I can't remember what it was.  I'll probably think of it about 10 minutes after I publish.

10.  I found an Irish group on YouTube called The High Kings.  I'm going to be featuring some of their videos between now and St. Patrick's Day, because I can now that I've discovered I do in fact have Irish ancestry.  And I've got the DNA results to back up those claims. 

11.  Goodnight and joy be to you all. 

No comments: