Friday, February 22, 2019

And The Rain, Rain, Rain

Came down, down, down, 
In rushing, rising rivulets
Till the river crept out of its bed
And crept right into Piglet's

It was raining so hard this morning, my dogs took one step out the door, then turned around and came right back in.  I hadn't planned on leaving the house today, but by mid morning, the really deluge-y part of the storm had passed, and the water on my street had gone down some.

After lunch, I took a chance and ran into town, because I needed milk.  The water was high, but not over the roads -- at least not where I was going.  I snapped this picture on the way home.


That isn't the lake.  It's a cotton field.  For you locals, it's at the corner of Papermill Rd and 51 Highway, coming off the ramp from 55.  The Dollar General store and Mr. Monroe's looked like they were on islands.  My friend sent me this one, taken in the back parking lot (shipping area) of the plant.


Then, these two were posted on Facebook.  This first one is the ball fields and park on Jasper Neely, behind Walls.

And this one is the spillway and campground out at the lake.


And we've still got one more day of rain to go.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go see if Lowe's has any good deals on Gopher wood.

Now that I have my milk, I mean...

PS, if you want to see more flood photos, I've shared several on my FB page, and made them public so anyone can see them. 

No comments: