Saturday, February 02, 2019

A New One

Well, a couple of new things, actually.

First of all, the second of my new round of records arrived.


It's got lots of good songs on it, like The Glendy Burke, Old Blue, Dance Boatman Dance, Camptown Races, and Oh, Dem Golden Slippers -- among others.  The weird thing is, it's an album all about steamboats and things, and what is the one song it doesn't have?

If you guessed Ol' Man River, you guessed right.

I just can't wrap my head around that.  A song about riverboats and it doesn't have the most famous river song of all?  It's almost too incongruous to grasp.  Although, now that I think about it, that song might still have been under copyright protection, due to the 1951 film Showboat.

OK, mystery solved.  Moving right along...

This afternoon, I finished a new hat.


I know I'd said I was going to knit a patterned hat, but when I found this skein of variegated yarn that I absolutely loved, I cast it on instead.  Then, on a wild hair, I dragged all the hats out I've knit I mailed off all of my hats to my friend who does the blessing bags.  That was back in September.


That's 16 hats, plus a head band and a Jayne hat.  As soon as I'm done here, I'm going to cast on another one, so soon there will be 17.  Oh,  I spent some time looking at some crochet patterns, and have pretty much decided to stick with knitting for now.  I'll have to study some YouTube videos before trying to crochet.

Speaking of YouTube, their autoplay feature discovered another new sea chanty.  Well, new to me, at least.



While you are enjoying this song, just know I have a black eye.  Yep, I punched myself in the eye pulling my blankets up last night.

Because I'm all suave and graceful like that.

Finally, I forgot to tell you this yesterday.  Weird things just seem to happen to me.  When I took my car in to get its oil changed, the girl checking me in turned to me and said, "I haven't seen you in forever.  How've you been doing?"

What's weird about that, you may ask...Well, I'll tell you.

I have no idea who that girl was.

Seriously, I don't remember her at all.  I can only assume she worked out at the plant at one point.  Maybe she went to church with me, but I'd be more likely to remember her from church.  The weird part is, I've always considered myself as someone who just blended in with the background.  But maybe, just maybe, I'm a bit more memorable than I thought.

No comments: