Thursday, January 11, 2024

Last Card

Will you look at that?  I got another Christmas card in the mail!


It's from my Uncle Jack, but to be honest, I'm not sure he even knows who he sent it to.  My cousin has told me he has dementia pretty bad, so I don't think he even remembers me.  I'm sure he doesn't, because he signed it just Jack, not Uncle Jack.  Still, it was nice to get it from him, as he is the only one left from that generation.  All my other aunts and uncles -- not to mention my parents -- are gone now.  

In other news, it's amazing how much better one feels after a good night's sleep, and for once I actually got one. I drank a mug of chamomile tea before I went to bed, and I think that helped, because I don't remember waking up at all -- not even to use the bathroom.  I still didn't want to get out of bed this morning, though.  I don't care how much sleep I get, I never want to get out of bed at 4:30.  Unless I'm going hunting or fishing, neither of which has really been much of an option for me here lately. 

After another fun filled day at the factory, I came home and moved some more of my fire wood into the old chicken coops behind the shed. 
 

I'm going to try to get the rest of it moved eventually, but I think I'll leave some a bit closer to the house for the cold spell that's coming next week. 


They're still predicting we'll get snow on Monday, which is a holiday, so I can stay home and play in it.  And by "play in it" I mean watching it through the window while I sit in front of a nice warm fire drinking hot chocolate.  

I am prepared for the possibility of power outages, too.  I have lots of firewood, plenty of bottled water, a camp stove and a gas canister, and the good ol' Harvey lantern.  Plus, I've got knitting projects and lots of books on my Kindle, so I'm all set there.  Hopefully, it won't get that bad, but just in case...

That's about all for today, I reckon.  I think I'll go get me a hot shower, then settle in and watch something on TV, or maybe read some more of my book. 

Laters

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Definitely sounds like you were set for this week. Having a nice amount of wood for the stove sure is comforting.

I've been in my own little world a lot lately. Head in the sewing/craft room. I had *no* idea that I've missed reading a week's worth of blog posts from you!

Becky G said...

No worries! Life gets busy sometimes.