Monday, January 22, 2024

Back To Work

They say all good things must come to an end, and this little unplanned winter break did that this morning.  Yep, it was back to work for me.  The good news, once I got off my own street, the roads were mostly clear.  There were a few spots on Riverdale Road that were kind of sketchy, but not impassable.  

As usual, they'd called in someone to clear the parking lot, leaving great piles of dirty ice all along the edges. 

 The good news is, whoever did it "accidentally" ripped up two more of the speed bumps.  Hey, a few more ice storms and we may be rid of the things.  The better news is, Supervisor wasn't there.  He lives in Oxford, and they say the roads are still pretty bad up there.  I ran into town after work, and there was still plenty of ice in the ditches and ponds, and even on the river, but had no problems driving anywhere. 

My stalker must have really missed me this last week, because he came out four times to leer at me.  As if that weren't enough, he was over in the sub-brazing department before I even got there.  There was only one person that was even there that early, but there was my Stalker, waiting for me.  Sigh...the most frustrating part about it is, I could put a stop to the harassment, but it would cost me my job.  Not him.  Not the one doing the harassing, but me, the one trying to defend herself.  

Eh, I don't want to talk about that right now.  Maybe one day, I'll do a whole post on all my stalkers.  Yes, I have multiple, and they're all pathetic losers and creepy weirdos.  

Anyway, after work, I went to Walmart and picked up a few things just to tide me over until Friday -- mainly milk and bananas, oh, and deer corn.  I'm still pretty well stocked up on everything else. After I got home, I went and pulled the makeshift greenhouse off of my little bluebonnets and checked to see if they survived.  

They look OK for now, but we'll have to see. 




I took the plastic and used it to cover the last little bit of my firewood.  Well, the wood that is still up close to the house, that is.  I've got plenty back under the shed.


As if being encased in ice for a week isn't enough, we're expecting heavy rains all the rest of this week, and are under a flash flood warning.   It's always something, isn't it?  Heh, a few years ago, I'd posted a video of a typical spring storm on FB, and one of my friends asked me why I didn't move somewhere else.  Where are you going to move that doesn't have weather?  I was kind of glad when she unfriended me -- but that's another story for another day.    

Unfortunately, the bucket I use to collect rain water for my potted plants -- particularly my Venus Fly Trap -- didn't survive the deep freeze. 

 For now, I put my biggest stock pot out until I can buy another one.  I'm thinking I might splurge on a regular heavy duty rain barrel instead of these cheap buckets from Walmart.  

You know what?  I had a lot of stuff I was going to talk about, but right now, I'm too tired to even think of it, much less type it out.  I was too tired to even build a fire, so I splurged and bumped the heater up just a bit.  Now, I think I'm going to go take a hot shower and get myself something to eat.

Oh, did you know Amazon Prime has music channels?  And I mean the ones that show old videos, kind of like MTV and CMT used to do?  I'd seen them in the listings, but thought they were like Pandora or something in that they just played the music.  Nope.  Full on videos. 

Just like back in the day...

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Your plants do look all right.

I keep debating on whether to get a rain barrel. I don't know where I'd put it, though. ...

LOL about the speed bumps. :-)