Tuesday, January 02, 2024

All Good Things

They say all good things must come to an end, and so it was this morning when my Christmas break did just that.  It came to an end. 

Let me tell you, when that alarm went off at 4:30, it was like a punch in the gut.  How I wished I could have stayed in bed, or at least built a fire -- it was 25 -- and sat in front of it sipping coffee, but no, someone has to pay these bills around here, so out of bed I got and off to work I went. 

I got there and began setting up my first order for the day, and that's when it hit me.  It felt like I'd never left.  Like that entire 2 1/2 week vacation never even happened.  A couple of my coworkers and I were talking about it, how we'd begun counting down the days that second week, then yesterday we were counting down the hours...and back at work we suddenly were. 

The day passed largely uneventfully, and I spent most of it mentally picking apart and breaking down that video.  You know, the one of the controversial call in the Dallas game.  I won't go into it all here, because I'm sure if you're interested in that sort of thing, you've already seen all the theories and speculations surrounding it.  But I do things like that for fun -- picking apart stuff like that.  

Is it any wonder I can't find a husband?  

Now I'm home, and it was still cold enough to splurge and start a little fire in the box.  I'm sitting here, toasty warm and watching a documentary series on ancient ships on Prime.  The first episode is on the Golden Hind, Sir Francis Drake's ship. 

Again, is it any wonder...well, you know. 

And finally, this photo is only here to make the post show up better in your feeds. 


I did not stay up to watch the Sugar Bowl.  I don't know why they insist on showing these ball games in the middle of the night.  It wasn't just me, this time.  People all over social media were complaining about the lateness of that game.  For those in the Eastern time zone, it wasn't over until 1:00 AM.  Even in central time, it was midnight before the game ended.  

I know this, because I woke up at 11:38 to answer nature and checked to see who had won.  The game wasn't over yet.  I murmured Go Texas, then went back to sleep.  Alas, Texas didn't go, and the Crimson Tide became the pink puddle, so the Natty holds absolutely no interest to me.  I'm pretty sure Michigan will win that game.

I'll check the score the next morning.  For now, I think I'll sit here limply and watch this show, because I'm even too tired to knit. 

Laters. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

I've had the last week and a half, or so, off work. It's been so nice. Tomorrow is my first day back. Like you say, it will probably feel like I never took a break.

I actually don't know about this Dallas call. I don't follow football. I can about imagine how up in arms people are.