Wednesday, March 08, 2023

I Won!

Last week at work, someone came around passing out little comment card type things.  We were supposed to point out safety concerns and suggest solutions.  When we completed them and turned them in, our names were put into a random drawing for a prize.  There were all kinds of prizes available -- from a massive 55" TV to $20 gift cards to local businesses. 

Yesterday, they passed out the prizes and I won a fire extinguisher!


 It was supposed to be random, but I briefly wondered about that, because my concern was the risk of burns. 



I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but it was still pretty cool.  

I have this one coworker, something is definitely wrong with her.  When I got back to my work area with my prize, she said, "I didn't get anything!  Why did they give you that?"

I replied, "This was from those safety cards we filled out last week."

"Oh," she said, "I didn't even turn mine in, but I still should have gotten something!!" 

Huh?  How in the world did you expect to win a contest you didn't even enter?  

Do you know what she did next?  She went and got her cards, filled them out, and turned them in  -- after the drawing had been completed!  My other coworker said, "I told you something was wrong with that girl!" 

"You didn't have to tell me!  It's pretty obvious."  

Oh, but that wasn't all the fun.  One of my coworkers won a prize, only she didn't like the prize she got.  This grown woman stood right there in the sub brazing department pitching a wall eyed hissy fit like a two year old because she didn't want no [unwholesome word] smoke alarm!  She wanted a good prize!  

She slammed the smoke alarm down on one of the brazing stands and told that brazer she could keep it, and stormed off still fussing.  

Folks, this is why I have no problem turning off most of my TV services.  I get plenty of entertainment from my coworkers.  

No comments: