Monday, March 13, 2023

I Did A Thing

I did a thing today.  I mean, more than just watching TV.  I did a thing that involved...*looks around furtively*...leaving the house. 

Yes, gentle reader, I actually left the house when I didn't even have to!  

Why did I embark on this adventure?  Well, back in the day, in a conversation on Facebook, I happened to mention to a friend that we have a couple of old Civil War forts here in the area.  I said something about going out and doing a video tour of them, and she was all, "Yes!  Do that!" 

Naturally, I said I would, and just as naturally I didn't.  Until today.  

Without further ado, here for your viewing pleasure, is my walking tour of the two Civil War forts.  First up, the one that has been restored. 

And here is the unrestored fort, so you can see the difference. 

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my town, and let me know if you'd like to see more of these types of videos.  

For now, I've got to recover from all that being outside nonsense with a little Time Team binge.

Laters.

No comments: