Friday, March 17, 2023

And The Cleaning Continues

 Slowly but surely, the cleaning is getting done, and it's about time, too.  But first, let me show you the latest knitting project I finished this afternoon. 


I've run into a bit of a snag, though, because Walmart doesn't have the right size buttons.  I'm going to have to order some, because I'm not paying $10 for a bag of assorted sizes just to get the few I need for these headbands.  

I think I'm going to cast on a hat with this yarn next.  I mean, I still have one hat I'm working on, but you can't have too many projects going, can you, fellow knitters?  

And now, on to the main event. I got the  little brown file cabinet emptied out, and have begun to sort through all the junk.  It's been far too long since I've gone through and tossed stuff.  Don't believe me?  Take a gander at this:


Floppy discs!  Yes, I still had them, and check out the date on the top one.  Seriously.  They're so old, I doubt anyone could get any information off of them anyway, but just to be on the safe side, I took a bunch of magnets off my refrigerator and tried to scramble the data.  


But wait, there's more!

Here we have the back up CDs for a computer that died some 15 years ago.  Why do I still have them, that I do not know. 


If you want proof of their age, see what it says here.  For dependable dial-up service. 


Does anyone even have dial-up any more?  But just in case, here we have a bunch of telephone cables.  Landline cables. 

There are three of them in there, and I haven't had a landline in a decade.  Or thereabouts....

But it wasn't all gloom and doom.  I found this from my Navy days. 

It's a...I don't know what to call it, but it's a thing that holds the 5 x 8 legal pads, which I will now add to my shopping list. 

And the piece de resistance, this scissor caddy. 

It was made by my maternal grandfather, who died in 1987.  Beverly had this one, and before I went into the Navy, we were sitting around doing crafts one day, and she up and gave it to me.  She also gave me the little guard figure, which I painted and glued to the scissor caddy. 

I'd completely forgotten about this, so it was a nice find. 

Other than that, I threw out an astonishing number of return mail envelopes -- you know, the kind you used to send your bills back to the company, back when we used to pay our bills through the mail.  I'd kept them, intending to use them for ... well, I don't know what for, but I'd intended to use them.  I've still got quite a bit left to sort through, but I think tomorrow I'll start getting my stationery and stuff organized.

Now, I'm going to bed.  

Goodnight all. 

No comments: