Monday, March 20, 2023

First Day Back

Man, when that alarm went off at 4:30 this morning, I did not want to get out of bed.  It had been so nice to be able to go to bed when I was tired and get up when I woke up naturally, but that's all over now. Sigh...

OK, so yesterday when I was listening to those mix tapes, I ran across one that was -- less old than the others.  I mean, like 25 years old as opposed to 40.  Yeah, now that we've established that I'm old, let me get to the point.  I was popping those tapes into the player, just to see what they were since most of them weren't labeled, and I found one that was a recording of a CD I'd bought. 

Back before they had CD players in cars, this is how we had to listen to music, kids.  Well, I put the tape in and hit play, and the song started playing.  As soon as I heard it, I knew what it was.  I only listened for a few seconds, just long enough to identify the tape, then went on to the next one.

When I got into my car to go to work this morning, guess which song was playing -- on my MP3 player.  Yep, the same song that played on the tape for those few seconds.  Honest and for true.  Just in case you're wondering, it was this song.

But wait, there's more. 

Yes, that's not the only freaky coincidence that happened today.  Remember when I commented about the pen pal who said she was looking forward to many years of correspondence but never wrote back?  Guess what was in my mailbox when I got home from work?  Yep, a letter from her, and the first line was an apology for taking so long to write back.  Cool!  Now I have two letters to answer. 

I've got to get back to cleaning, but not today.  Today, I'm tahrd.  By the way, I ended up taking about 60 pencils to my coworker for her grandson to use in school.  I had no idea I had that many left from when Cody was in school.  What was I doing with so many pencils????  Her grandbaby is in second grade, so he ought to be set for a while.  

I guess that's it for today.  My brain is so tired I can't even thing of anything else to talk about.  Mainly because I stayed up and watched Sanditon on PBS last night.  Remember before streaming when we all used to watch the same thing at the same time?  Even though we weren't physically together, we still felt a sense of comradery from the shared experience.  

I miss those days.  

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Once upon a time I watched survivor. I haven't watched it, or Amazing Race, in a good long time. When I did watch those shows there weren't many people I knew who were watching them, too.

Now I'm watching "old" shows and Youtube. TV just isn't the same it used to be.

Becky G said...

I remember when a bunch of us used to watch Survivor, and you and I would discuss each episode. I haven't watched it in ages, either. It was several seasons ago when one of the contestants tried playing the race card, claiming the others were trying to vote her off because she was black that I stopped watching. I didn't even finish that season.

I do miss the days when everyone watched the same show at the same time, and we'd all get on social media and talk about each episode. You're right, it just isn't the same any more.

Amnicon Studio said...

I used to love gushing about the episode afterwards.